License problem

Read 27476 times
I purchased a brand new license for a new server. Offcourse wanted to try version 3 on this server but i cannot manage to get it working.

It keeps telling me that my license is not valid. I tried to re-issue several times (in fact so much times, i was not allowed to re-issue again. I managed to do it today again). I also tried to paste the key directly into the license.conf file, but no luck. I am out of options and really need this machine.

Does anyone have the golden trick?

Trying to update license (this may take a minute or two) ...
License update successful, saving updated licensing certificate ...
License certificate updated successfully
License update successful, validating updated license...
Invalid licensed client, bad license key

License update succeeded but license validation failed again; product not licensed

Trying to update license (this may take a minute or two) ...
   License update successful, saving updated licensing certificate ...
   License certificate updated successfully
   License update successful, validating updated license...
   Invalid licensed client, bad license key

License update succeeded but license validation failed again; product not licensed

- failed
No one an idea?

As i get no response from support i think i'm going to look for another product.
Keep in mind that this is a BETA project.  Support may in fact be busy developing and/or answering questions regarding the fully supported version.  Whenever a BETA is released, it usually is the least supported.

Look for another software, but I doubt you'll find one as good!
Stream101 || Affordable Media Solutions
http://www.stream101.com | (616) 277-7280
Im having same issue at my server

also, we are paying for this beta software with bugs ( our call) but at least licese validation should work

regards
TRIBALHOST.NET
Audio & Video Streaming
Hi All,

It would seem that there is a license problem/license server problem.

I don't know what it is exactly and I am unable to clarify anymore than that right now. I will let you know what I can find out.

Just to clarify, Are you using 3.0 Beta for normal customers to be hosted on?? That is not a good idea. Beta is exactly what it says, not a finished product, so DON'T use it for any paying customers!!
any update regarding this issue?
TRIBALHOST.NET
Audio & Video Streaming
Hi Everyone,

As long as you are using a Dedicated server you can get around this by setting the date on your server back by a couple of months.

Centova's License servers are not working properly so if you go into linux and just set the date back (I set mine to 2 months ago today)

date --set="06 March 2011 12:00"

Then use:

/etc/init.d/centovacast restart

Thanks to Jim and Alex for this solution as it is now needed for 2.2.4

This will not work on some VPS servers though (Surely companies wouldn't use VPS's would they??!) as their time will be linked to the host...
A little sidenote on this is, the Autodj would malfunction 2 times a day to, caused by the date conflict and needs to be manualy restarted.

Also title streams are not correct anymore.

i  miss all the /etc/init.d/centovacast  sript
 Can some one help  me ?
My server is  working again but  the problem is with  my hompage now
the time is not the right time

i Hope  that  the team from centova come back  soon 
 to wix  all  the  mistake 

There will be countless problems with changing the date on the server, simply because of the way that the data is imported.

On the server we offer with metered bandwidth, all of these are now reading as exceeding this by a long way, but at least they are running....
Steve will be back soon, unless he's in a life and death situation. He is a serious, profesional person, and cares about his company. I'm sure something awefull has happened personally,  and hasn't been able to get to his company matters.

Let's give him a few days.

panel came back online :)
TRIBALHOST.NET
Audio & Video Streaming
Steve will be back soon, unless he's in a life and death situation.
Unfortunately it was something to that effect.

I am back, and the licensing problem on our end has been resolved and should no longer be causing any problems.

If anyone is experiencing problems with v3, run:
/etc/init.d/centovacast restart

If the problem persists, please update this thread and provide details.

It's 4am local time and I'm calling it a night, but I'll be here again tomorrow to help with any issues.
why won't you reply to my posts for steve