Anyone Having Problems Contacting Centova?

Read 135873 times
Hi,

Found someone a alternative to CentovaCast, if yes post all your suggestion

The new version of CastControl is great! :)
I'm in trouble with the Centova license, license fails me and I have a license paid annually and expires in 2012, no reply from support centovacast, I am losing customers, I think it was time to leave Centova the support is very bad
I have the same problem.  i believe it's to do with their licensing server returning the incorrect time. 

Nothing you can do about that, other than hope someone responds from Centova.
Our licenses do stop also :s
I'm going to look for other software, this is terrible.
I upgraded my account on April 23,
I sent ticket,
today April 29th the service is in approval.

Nobody responds to my ticket VO3-CTB2-609 on 23 April.

go play with our money?
EVS Portugal - Serviços de  Internet
Nº Tlf.: (+351) 935 766 371
Web Site: https://evsportugal.pt
E-mail: info@evsportugal.pt
Facebook: www.facebook.com/evsportugal.pt
Does anyone know whats going on??

has anyone heard from steve?

i've emailed Steve Directly a few times and gotten no response, i know in a diffrent post he said he had been gone for over a month, but he also said he was back now...

i'm getting really frustrated with this as, more and more of our servers are starting to have this issue, and noone is around to help out.... did steve die or something??

or did he just abondon centova??
Quick Dirty Fix : Set your system date and time to the past.

Its not a good idea really but at least it gets things working again while it gets fixed.

*Respect to alex@secondstreams.com for the tip...
Quick Dirty Fix : Set your system date and time to the past.

Its not a good idea really but at least it gets things working again while it gets fixed.

*Respect to alex@secondstreams.com for the tip...

That does not work

Correction, it DOES work, our clock was reverted to actual time!
Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:34:33 am by J.J. Draijer
how do you prevent the time from being reset?

What do you mean ?

Just run :

date --set 2011-03-29
sudo -u centovacast /home/centovacast/system/runascc/runascc exec ccmanage cronjob all --debug

Then your date is set to 1 month ago and the runascc brings everything back online again.
Yep

Tried exactly that and it doesn't work, it does say the next update is 04-28-2011, but when trying to open the web interface it tells me the key is invalid..

What do you mean ?

Just run :

date --set 2011-03-29
sudo -u centovacast /home/centovacast/system/runascc/runascc exec ccmanage cronjob all --debug

Then your date is set to 1 month ago and the runascc brings everything back online again.

This does not always help on xen vps nodes for example.

If your time gets reverted everytime when you set it, try echo 1 > /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock
Also it would be handy to set a nightly cron to reset it again to an earlier date

Luckily im root on dedicated servers and i dont host anything apart from centovacast on these servers. Doing this dirty fix on VPS servers or machines with other applications installed might not be a good idea.
I'm on a VPS, and can't set time  :'(
I'm on a VPS, and can't set time  :'(

Sent me pm with your details. Maybe i can help.