GEO blocking

Read 9820 times
Is there no way this could have been implement within Version 3 ?

I realise it might have needed some server specific files however as we are responsible for the countries these streams are broadcast to for copyright reasons I thought this might have got its way in Version 3.

Ideally we need to allow some streams access to one country(s) while denning a second stream access to that same said country(s) if the user does not have broadcast rights to it.

What is the best way forward to resolve this issue?

I use ASL (Atomic Secured Linux) to GEO-IP block countries on mass but would love to be more selective about it.
This was in the Alpha, but seems to have been removed from the Beta, it is possible that it will be added again for Centova Cast 3.1 to allow for 3.0 to be released...
Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the info, lets hoe it finds it way back  ;)
This was never in the alpha and there's no way we can block listeners based on their location because Centova Cast is not in the TCP connection path between the listener and the server.  In order to do that we'd need to implement a proxy that sits between the listener and the server.  The problem with this is that, from your ShoutCast server's perspective, all connections would come from the proxy server, so all IP-based logging and statistics would be useless.
I'm sure there was some sort of greyed out menu in the Alpha regarding Geoip, maybe it is something else I am thinking of, apologies for the incorrect advice.
Hi,
it would be very easy to provide such an feature. You just have to implement a little raw configuration element at for example icecast.xml and a few input fields at centova. Have a look: https://gist.github.com/anthonyeden/7cc90e4d9fed0a84701d6f36ffb43d05
Hi,
it would be very easy to provide such an feature. You just have to implement a little raw configuration element at for example icecast.xml and a few input fields at centova. Have a look: https://gist.github.com/anthonyeden/7cc90e4d9fed0a84701d6f36ffb43d05

That´s right. But actually it´s only possible with Icecast. As i can say no customers are asking for GEO-Blocking. When you need it, you can do it also over iptables.