CC Update to v3.2.15r4305 on Debian 12 fails with Operation not permitted

Read 73 times
Please help I'm trying to update to the latest release but the process is failing with the following LiquidSoap (LS) error which I can't seem to fix and I've been escalated to 2nd level support for a little while now with no response as yet.

Things I've tried unsuccessfully.

Changing the permissions and ACLs on the folder and folders above.
Changing the code to include SUDO command.
I've tried with using LS version 1.4.2 and 1.4.4.
Editing the update script and OPAM config files.

make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/centovacast/var/tmp/tmp.ByaJAwji1F.build/liquidsoap-1.4.0/doc'
make -C examples doc-install
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/local/centovacast/var/tmp/tmp.ByaJAwji1F.build/liquidsoap-1.4.0/examples'
/usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/centovacast/liquidsoap/share/doc/liquidsoap-1.4.0/examples
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 fallible.liq geek.liq radio.liq transitions.liq README /usr/local/centovacast/liquidsoap/share/doc/liquidsoap-1.4.0/examples
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/centovacast/var/tmp/tmp.ByaJAwji1F.build/liquidsoap-1.4.0/examples'
/usr/bin/install -c -d -o liquidsoap -g liquidsoap -m 2775 /usr/local/centovacast/liquidsoap/var/log/liquidsoap
/usr/bin/install: cannot change owner and permissions of ‘/usr/local/centovacast/liquidsoap/var/log/liquidsoap’: Operation not permitted
make: *** [Makefile:72: install-local] Error 1
! Error: Failed to install Liquidsoap
! Error: Installation failed
Liquidsoap installation failed
! Error: Installer exited with error, aborting

TiA