Centovacast Beta 3 Bug Reporting

Read 14931 times
Firstly many thanks for the beta 3 release. I have installed the linux version and it went very well, very easy. I will use this thread to document anything i notice while testing :

First up : I created a Shoutcast 2 / SC_Trans_2 station then uploaded some MP3's. After it seeming to play for a few seconds then stop i get the error : "We apologize for the inconvenience, but an internal error has occurred.  Please try again later. Details: Unable to access account for xxxxxx: Cluster host connection failure for Local server: Connection refused (111)". It wont let me access or delete the account either.
snip 8<
Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:31:50 pm by Jim
/etc/init.d/centovacast restart

Did the trick...
This means the Centova Cast Control Daemon (cc-control) crashed, which is a great way to start off the beta. :)

In order to debug this, we need a backtrace, so here are some debugging instructions, both for you (if you have the time to follow them) and for anyone else who experiences a cc-control crash like this.

First, start Centova Cast under the gdb debugger by running:
Code: [Select]
/etc/init.d/centovacast stop-ccd
/etc/init.d/centovacast start-ccd gdb

You should get output similar to:
Attempting to start ccd: cc-control GNU gdb 6.8-debian
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
(gdb)

Type run and press ENTER.

Now, just leave your terminal open while you use Centova Cast.  The next time you see the "We apologize for the inconvenience..." error in Centova Cast, check your terminal window and you should see something like:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007f07ee8df0b0 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6

Type bt and press ENTER.

You should see output like the following (although it'll probably be a lot longer):
#0  0x00007f07ee8df0b0 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007f07ee8ca240 in puts () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x00000000004004b1 in main ()
(gdb)

Copy and paste ALL of that output, and either post it here or send it to the helpdesk.  Crashes in cc-control are one of our top priorities in terms of bug reports so they should be resolved quickly.

If, back at the start of these steps, you get any errors about "gdb" not being found, please install gdb.  It's a single, standalone application and won't interfere with anything else on your server.

You can install it on CentOS/RHEL using:
yum install gdbAnd on Debian:
apt-get install gdb
Thanks!
Cheers Steve  :)
Sorry for the delay. Strangely CC3 was very stable until just now. Ive only just notice it crash and tried to run the backtrace :

License certificate expired; need an update from the Centova Technologies licensing servers.
Trying to update license (this may take a minute or two) ...
Bad key: bad ASCII encoding:
-----BEGIN CENTOVA CAST LICENSE CERTIFICATE-----

-----END CENTOVA CAST LICENSE CERTIFICATE-----

License servers reported success but provided an invalid license certificate; trying next server...
License update successful, saving updated licensing certificate ...
License certificate updated successfully
License update successful, validating updated license...
License certificate expired; need an update from the Centova Technologies licensing servers.
License update succeeded but license validation failed again; product not licensed
License validation failed; terminating
waiting for child processes to exit ...

Program exited normally.
(gdb) bt
No stack.

The crash probably happened last night so maybe i was to late for the backtrace info ? I will try again.
Heres 2 bugs.

1. You cannot delete a mount.
Replicate: Go to where you can edit mount points. Add a mount and save it. Now try removing it. It will dissapear, but once page is reloaded it reappears.
Tested: Chrome (latest build) FireFox4 (latest build)

2. MP3 Unlock does nothing.
Replicate: After inserting your mp3 unlock code from shoutcast, stream remains AACP. Rebooting, changing mount does nothing.
indiecore.net - playing everything that f**king rocks!
theycallmeruffi.com - my personal site
To remove a mount, I go into the users folder and open the file

/usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/username/etc/server.conf- if you look at the very last few lines you'll see the extra mount points

The mp3 lock code does work
http://46.23.72.49:8000/index.html
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
how did you get your encoder fully switched to  mp3? i cannot accomplish this.
indiecore.net - playing everything that f**king rocks!
theycallmeruffi.com - my personal site
I need your help with my centovacast v3 problem please

my friend Quinn tried to fix up my icecast .ogg server with no such luck

because of this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XMLParser::set_values() in /usr/local/centovacast/system/sources/ices2/class_Sourceices2.php on line 158

so can you please help us