Active_From and Active_Until in general rotation playlists is being ignored

Read 10548 times
About a month ago our hosting company upgraded Centova Cast to v3.2.10
After that, the general rotation playlists that had been working perfectly for 2 years stopped working correctly.  The software is now ignoring the "Active From" and "Active Until" in all general rotation playlists.

I tried to re-save the playlists without making any changes but the following error was displayed when pressing Save:

QL Error: Could not execute query in /home/centovacast/system/class_DBObject.php:409
Query: UPDATE playlists SET title="5AM",type="general",scheduled_datetime="2016-01-01 01:00:00",scheduled_repeat="never",scheduled_weekdays="",scheduled_monthdays="date",interval_type="songs",interval_length="20",general_weight="20",status="enabled",general_order="sequential",interval_style="onerandom",stateid="120509",scheduled_lastrun="0000-00-00 00:00:00",scheduled_interruptible="0",scheduled_duration="0",scheduled_style="sequential",general_starttime="04:59:00",general_endtime="05:18:00",track_interruptible="0",accountid=190 WHERE id=1294
Error: Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column 'scheduled_lastrun' at row 1
Call: $SQL->misc_query()

It appears to be an error with the way the timestamps are formatted in the new software.  A week later they installed "a patch" and now the error above is gone when saving a general rotation playlist, but the
the software continues to ignore "Active From" and "Active Until" in all general rotation playlists.  AutoDJ thinks the list is always active.  Has anyone else seen this?  Any known work-around?

The truely sad part of this is the lack of Centova customer service...our hosting company has requested they look into this bug involving core functionality for over 3 weeks, but nobody has even looked yet!
Is anyone using the "Active From" and "Active Until" in general rotation playlists?  If you're using Centova Cast v3.2.10, have you verified that the list is active at the correct time?
I stopped using activation times because those playlists were playing exclusively and other general rotation playlists were ignored.
Thanks for confirming the bug, Graham.  It was never the case until the most recent update - it now ignores the "from" and "until" times and plays from that list exclusively (because it's marked as the higher priority than the catch-all list).

Our entire station is built on this core feature because only general rotation lists allow you to play the next spoken word track in the series at the same time every day.

I suspect very many stations are broken but very few admin are monitoring closely enough to notice.  i.e. it's playing something so it's up.   Still no response from CentovaCast. :(
Is Centova still in business?  There hasn't been any activity by an admin in weeks in this forum. If yes, would be nice if one could confirm that they have reproduced this bug report in their lab and ETA for a fix?
Quote from: mikek401
Is Centova still in business?  There hasn't been any activity by an admin in weeks in this forum.
That's absolutely NOT true.  Roger has posted several times in the past few days.
It would take Roger a whole 15 minutes to verify that "Active_From  and  Active_Until  in general rotation playlists is being ignored".   My hosting company (over a month ago!) helped me recreate the problem on an entirely new server.  Until the update, applied 7/22, it worked perfectly.  To date, nobody at Centova has even looked at the server.
Put in a support ticket.
that was done over a month ago!  (by reliastream.com)
Hello mikek401,

Unfortunately we couldn't find any support tickets, nor have we received any other reports related to this issue.

If you have a ticket number, we'll be happy to look into it.

Regards.
I have asked them to contact you.   Other folks have reported this issue on this forum so I'm not sure why you say you haven't heard of the issue.   It would take you 10 minutes to create a general rotation playlist on your test server and verify whether it is ignoring the "Active From" and "Active Until" in an upgraded version 3.2.1.
It is Centova Cast Ticket # SZ7-LBW4-187
It was opened July 31, 2017 9:34AM and has been completely ignored for 39 days!
50 days, and still no response from Centova.
I remember, that we have the same problem with datetime on one system. I think it was an an incompatibility with the installed mysql version. I don't know anymore :(
Can anyone tell me what is the minimum required version of MySQL for Centova Cast v3.2.10?