Problem with DJ accounts

Read 3570 times
Hi there,

I've got a problem using dj accounts in Centovacast.

Centovacast version: v3.2.10 (running on Debian 8.0)
Server software: Shoutcast v2
Source software: sc_trans2

DJ accounts were created using the procedure in the docs, djs can connect their encoding software to the sc_trans2 port with username:password when the autoDJ is active, everything's working fine, but if there are more than 10 dj accounts, only a few (let me say 3 or 4) of the whole dj accounts are able to connect to the sc_trans2 port, the remaining accounts got a error message "wrong password".

In the source.conf all dj accounts are correctly added and active, in the source.log there's an entry:

2017-09-02 10:05:52   W   msg:[DJPROTOCOLSHOUTCAST] Login denied from user:password

That's the second request I got from my customers, I can reproduce the errors. If they are a lot of DJ accounts (I guess the problem starts by creating the 9th or 10th dj account), the problem appears.

All configuration is exactly the same as on user accounts with 3 or 4 added dj accounts.

Is there anyone who got the same problems? I won't say that's a possible bug in CentovaCast, maybe an issue with sc_trans2, but it's definitly reproducable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Peter
No problems here. Also on Accounts with 20+ DJ-Accounts.
Might be a silly question, but did you try restarting the station?

It's possible that your client did not do that after adding that last DJ account(s), so although the configuration file does include them, the sc_trans2 process that's running is not using this updated configuration file yet, as the process needs to be restarted.