How did I just upgrade to D.N.A.S version 2.5.1.724?

Read 5775 times
I restarted one of my streams today and it's come back running this new version of Shoutcast which I wasn't planning on upgrading to any time soon and haven't seen any mention of in Centova Cast's update release notes. Can anyone telling how this happened? This new version comes with a very tedious online registration process for authhash which I really don't want to have to go through 30 times for each of my mount points. Not to mention all the bug reports...

GASP!

Party Vibe Radio
Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:11:48 am by Dr Bunsen
For the benefit of the general record and anyone else who might not want to inadvertently upgrade...

"This is probably because you ran the update utility script (/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update) at some point in the past. The script usually downloads the latest version of Shoutcast DNAS and other third-party software, however the change in Shoutcast version wouldn't have been reflected until you restarted the station."

You can downgrade by overwriting 'sc-serv' with the older executable although it will require all streams to be stopped at the time of course.
Quote from: Dr Bunsen
You can downgrade by overwriting 'sc-serv' with the older executable although it will require all streams to be stopped at the time of course.
I don't think that is entirely accurate.  You can overwrite sc_serv with the old version, but it won't take effect until each station restarts it's server in Centovacast.  Until that time, the version being used at the present time will continue to work.
You're right of course. Sorry about that. Thanks.
Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:31:13 pm by Dr Bunsen
Not only comes with the "online registration process for authhash" also cause some problems, the new version 2.5.1 will alow you to connect and looks like you are streaming but no audio is playing. I did open a support ticket with centova but they do not have any idea of why this happen and looks like do not have any interest on check why.  I had not other option than going back to 2.4.7 version until some one can find out why the streaming audio is not working with 2.5.1 version.
If works for me any hundreds of our customers.

You need to provide more detailed information so the issue may be diagnosed, such as:

- What browser are you using

- Does it work in WinAmp

- A link to the URL so we can listen (or try to)

- etc.
If works for me any hundreds of our customers.

You need to provide more detailed information so the issue may be diagnosed, such as:

- What browser are you using

- Does it work in WinAmp

- A link to the URL so we can listen (or try to)

- etc.

We had these issues for some clients, so rolled back to 2.4.7

It seemed to mainly affect 128k 44100 stereo encoding. 2.5.1 is definitely buggy and worth avoiding!

thanks for the info, let see if more people provide more information about this.
Here is another complain about the same

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=4222.0