Centova Technologies Inc.

Products and Services

Centova Cast
Customer Support
Centova Technologies

Centova Technologies Forum

Author Topic: Multiple issues in trial installation (Debian Jessie, cloud based)  (Read 439 times)

nikalk

Hi,

I have the following errors during installation.

Attempting to notify web control panel of software update ...
Connecting to 127.0.0.1:2199. failed: Connection refused.
  > Download error details:
  > --2017-07-16 21:46:55--  http://127.0.0.1:2199/api.php
  > Connecting to 127.0.0.1:2199... failed: Connection refused.
Error contacting your web control panel

And this one which I see it all the time even when I try to uninstall (which fails as well)

/usr/local/centovacast/lib/bashfunc: line 57: APP_.: bad substitution

Could you please help me ?

Thank you

nikalk

Re: Multiple issues in trial installation (Debian Jessie, cloud based)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 01:46:24 pm »
Solved this problem myself.

I had t0 generate the certification keys for the web server based on my domain. Now it works.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:48:03 pm by nikalk »

nikalk

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:25:02 pm »
New problem, the web interface is running, the MySQL is running (I have manually created the database and the user for the centova) but the following error appears.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database: No such file or directory' in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php(53): CCSQL->__construct('centova', 'localhost', '', '', false) #1 /usr/local/centovacast/web/install.php(108): CCSQL::singleton('centova', 'localhost', '', '') #2 /usr/local/centovacast/web/install.php(436): install_database(Array) #3 {main} thrown in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php on line 40

What the heck is this ?

Please HELP!

nikalk

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 02:43:10 pm »
After restarting centova service I get 502 bad gateway.....this is really frustrating...I just wanted to do a trial...not wasting my whole day troubleshooting....

nikalk

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:40:56 am »
ANYONE TO HELP HERE ??????????????

DON'T YOU WANT TO GET MY MONEY ?

What is going on with you guys ???

Roger

• Centova Staff
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 07:54:20 pm »
Hello nikalk,

Note that the forums are usually last priority for our staff, and you will only receive a response after the helpdesk support queue has been cleared.

For your convenience, you should always open a ticket to our support department for issues such as this.

/usr/local/centovacast/lib/bashfunc: line 57: APP_.: bad substitution

This is because you are using SH instead of BASH to run the installer, it has nothing to do with generating certificates.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database: No such file or directory'

This is because you are using a non-standard MySQL socket path, either that or the MySQL daemon is not running on your system.

You will want to set your MySQL server to use something like "/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock" for its socket configuration.

You can also try "/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/updatemysqlsocket", although this won't help if the database server is not running.

Regards.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:56:23 am by Roger »

nikalk

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 08:48:03 am »
Hi Roger and thanks for the reply.

I didn't know that a trial client has the right to issue tickets that's why I use the forum.

Currently I have installed the trial to a CentOS 7 cloud server which made the installation gone fluently. Apparently the Debian isn't so friendly with the installation script or Centova isn't friendly to Debian...

I still have some issues like that whenever I reboot the server (the VPS) the stream gets some time to start (actually, I can't see liquidsoap process running for a couple of minutes after the server is up and running) which I can't understand why happens. Also, I have a very common issue with the playlist and the repetition of the tracks. I have a playlist of more than 48 hours of tracks (unique tracks) and it happens to hear the same track played in a time less than 8 to 12 hours. Please note that I have changed the RANDOM_UNIQUE_PERIOD to 1440 from 360 but I don't see any improvement.

Moreover, I see problems with various parts of the GUI. For example, in the overview panel, current listeners are always 0 (zero), in the media, I can't see the total time of the tracks belonging in a playlist though the tracks are there and I can see them each time I click in the list.  The total time of all the lists is shown as zero.

Well, because I am really interested this time to buy Centova, I will open a ticket in order to get some answers for the above issues.

Thanks

crumby

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 08:09:26 pm »
i had the same issue with Debian 9. Had to run on 8.