Icecast metadata logging when both autoDJ and live streams are used

Read 3851 times
A couple of years ago I posted the following topic:

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=3539.msg10556#msg10556

In it I noted that we rely on the playlist and performance files for providing our track logging information for our required licenses.

We run both AutoDJ and external sources. With the phasing out of Shoutcast v1, we need to move either to Shoutcast v2 or Icecast v2. Various reports are critical of the stability of Shoutcast v2, and in addition our hardware stream encoders only support Icecast v2 and Shoutcast v1.

Thus a move to Icecast would be preferred. However I noted two years ago that if an Icecast autoDJ is running, and a live stream is brought in, the playlist and performance files capture the metadata for BOTH sources and interleaves them. This means that the files are useless for preparing our license reporting requirements - this is the main reason we use Centova.

I am posting this now to ask if that situation has changed, and if the metadata for the audible stream only is logged now, and not both at once.

Alternatively, if this is not the case, can the double logging be circumvented simply by turning off the AutoDJ when a live streaming source is being broadcast, ie by treating the server as if it is a Shoutcast v1 server?

Many thanks in advance for any comments.
--Richard E
radioriel.org
Nope, it's just exactly the same, we have the same problem.
Yep this is a frustrating issue  >:(
We solved this.

What you do is to set up a DJ account and then use the Shoutcast V1 login as described in General > Quick Links > Live Source Connections:

===

Live Source Connections
Enter this information into your live source software to perform a live broadcast.

When the autoDJ is running and you want to broadcast live to all autoDJ-controlled mount points:

Protocol:    SHOUTcast (v1)
Server hostname:    xx.xx.xx.xx
Server port:    xx
Bit rate:    xx
Password:    (The username and password of one of your DJ accounts, separated by a colon)
    Example: jsmith:secret

===

This basically brings your live stream in on the autodj mount point and the logging is correct. There are other advantages of this method too and I strongly recommend it.

-_R
That's an elegant solution. Just make sure that you're using Liquidsoap as the autodj, as ices-cc does not support DJ connections and this method won't work.