Simplest way to get a real-time list of all tracks played today, this week, etc?

Read 4547 times
Hi All,

I'm brand new to the forum and getting to know Centova Cast for the first time. Sorry if this has been addressed already. I searched and couldn't find it... please direct me to another thread if it exists.

I'm not sure which version I'm using but it is incorporated in my internet radio control panel inside my Citrus3.com account. My stream is in the setup stage and I'm testing things out before going public with the station.

So far I have about 300 MP3s uploaded and I have auto DJ selecting tracks randomly from different playlists I've created.

I would love to be able to download a real-time log of all tracks that have been played and the time they were played (so far today, this week, etc.). There's probably a simple way to do this but because I'm so new I just haven't been able to find instructions yet.

The closest I've been able to figure out is to copy and paste the entire "AutoDJ (Source) Log", but there are many lines in the log relating to each track played and dozens of log pages per day, so it seems pretty cumbersome and time consuming to copy/paste and run through the data there to extract the list of tracks.

It might also be possible to achieve a real-time log by using the Recent Tracks widget and putting no limit on how many tracks to display. When I pasted the html code on a page of my website it didn't work for some reason. The attached screenshot shows what it looks like on my page (no info shown and the "Buy Album" link doesn't go anywhere).

Really appreciate any guidance with this...

Thanks,
Edward
The Recent Tracks widget has a maximum limit of 10 tracks, so that's not going to help you here.

If the autodj software you are using is different than Liquidsoap, then you will find a list of your played tracks in the nextsong.log (you need to access the Logs section and click on the Download All Logs link to get it)

However, if the autodj software is liquidsoap, the nextsong.log is incorporated into the autodj.log , and you'd need to filter out the information from there.

It's also worth mentioning that Centova Cast will generate a report on the 1st of each month, which includes a detailed information about each and every song that was played on your stream during the previous month.
Thanks Alexiu. I really appreciate your guidance on this. The issue I'm having now is I get a 403 "Forbidden" error when I click the link to "download all logs".

I attached 2 screenshots showing what happens when I click the Download link after all logs are zipped and prepared for download.

Any idea why I'm getting this message and how to get beyond it?
Run this to fix the file permissions:

/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/fixperms/
Run this to fix the file permissions:

/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/fixperms/

Thank you, Dennis
I've worked out a method to filter the AutoDJ log to get an accurate record of all songs played.

My stream has now been online for a couple of months so I've had a chance to go through the reports for those two months. There seem to be some inaccuracies in the reports for my stream for some reason, so I will most likely need to keep a manual log for accurate reporting and royalty payouts.

A couple of inaccuracies are:

1. the June playlist report lists only 1463 songs, but the stream was online 24/7 streaming an average of about 12 songs per hour for a total of 8600+ songs

2. several song entries are showing 10000+ seconds or even 300000+ seconds for the duration, but the longest tracks are only 12 - 15 minutes long (900 seconds max.)

In my case, there is no nextsong.log so in order to have an accurate chronological record of songs played for royalty purposes, I will keep a log manually using a filtering process for the AutoDJ log that includes several steps of Excel formulas.

This is not very difficult to do. It just means downloading the Centova Cast logs once every 2 days, pasting the data into an Excel spreadsheet, and applying the forumulas.

I haven't figured out how to add the album title yet in this process for royalty reporting, since that isn't included in the Centova Cast logs. But this is a good first step and I can figure that out later.