Only installing shoutcastv2 does not allow shoutcast2 streams to work

Read 4615 times
When I installed centovacast on my vps, I initially only installed it with shoutcastv2 as I am aware that v1 is horribly out of date , and no longer supported by nullsoft.

When setting up my encoder and statistic relay in SAM, I was getting an 'unable to connect' error for the enocder, and an XML error for the statistic relay. To get the encoder to work, I had to set it up as if it was a v1 shoutcast server.

I then added shoutcastv1 to centovacast by rerunning the installer with the appropriate parameter, and after doing this, selecting v2 in sam worked, and it also fixed the xml error from the statistic relay.

Is it normal that I had to install both versions of shoutcast in order for it work properly?

I know shoutcast2 can accept streams configured as v1, but mine was ONLY accepting v1 streams until I actually installed v1 inside centovacast, at which point it then accepted the v2 configured encoder and statistic relay.
For the stat relay you'll have to do the following.

If 4.2.2 I first and foremost would reccomend you upgrade to the latest version as it has bettter support for things of this nature.  However, here is the fix.

add -> shoutcast
in the ip you can put: iphere:porthere/stats?sid=1
in the port: leave blank
in the password use the admin password you used for the centova admin page.

if it's a new copy of sam theres no need for the fancy workarounds it should just work.

As for your encoder....

DJ's -> create a dj account with a generic username/password

add encoder

ip: server ip here
port: you can find this from the "quicklinks" tab and to properly connect it will normally be 2 ports higher than your listen port i.e. if listen port is 8000 use 8002 for your encoder
password: This will use your dj account nad password seperated by a : so if you set username of john password of doe your encoder pw would be john:doe

Hope that all helps lot of this was learned from trial and error.

Cheers

Mr_NightRyder
CEO FNS Hosting
I did actually get it working, but not as a v2 server. If I run it as a v2 server, I cannot connect to the stream for some reason. Sam shows that the server is recieving the stream, but I cannot connect. I've deleted the account, and recreated it as a v1 server that relays my primary stream from my windows shoutcastv2 installation, and it now seems to be working.

And as for SAM. I am already using one of the latest versions (4.9.8). I would never use 4.2.2, and am fully aware that this version is associated with cracked copies.

My licence for SAM is a fully legal copy of 4.9.8 using my own seat licence (I have a full licence for 2014.5, but I use the seat licence for 4.9.8 due to the ease of regenerating the key if it ever got found out).
Is it normal that I had to install both versions of shoutcast in order for it work properly?

I know shoutcast2 can accept streams configured as v1, but mine was ONLY accepting v1 streams until I actually installed v1 inside centovacast, at which point it then accepted the v2 configured encoder and statistic relay.

Hello csc2ya,

No, this is not necessary or related at all, it was probably just a coincidence.

Most likely, there was a mistake in your source configuration, that you then corrected after installing Shoutcast v1.

Do note, that the Shoutcast v2 protocol will only work when connecting your remote source directly to Shoutcast using the main source password. If you are using AutoDJ at all, you will need to manually stop or disable the AutoDJ first.

Regards.
It does seem that configuring it as a v2 server does not work properly. I can connect to it, but it will cut out regularly.

I've now set it up as a v1 server configured as a relay for the v2 server on my main server, and this works with no issues, so I guess i'll have to leave it like that.

I'm unsure why this issue is occurring, but using v1 seems to prevent it from happening.

I am using exactly the same information (apart from sid of course, since v1 doesn't need it) as I was when configuring it as a v2 server.
I now finally have this resolved. I completely removed my centovacast installation, followed by a reinstall, during which I selected to install both shoutcast1 and shoutcast2. I now have the stream set up to relay the windows installation, and this seems to work with no issues.

I'm still unsure whether it was a misconfiguration somewhere, but it is now working properly as a v2 shoutcast install with no buffering at all.