New DNAS Version Available: 2.5.1.724

Read 5557 times
i have this message on the centova v3 server...

i try to upload shoutcast using:

/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update --add shoutcast2 --force

and all is OK, but message still there is there something else i need to do?

log:
[root@rv3 ~]# /usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update --add shoutcast2 --force

Checking Centova Cast Common Files ...
Downloading Centova Cast Common Files ...                                     

Verifying archive integrity ...                                               
Unpacking archive ...

Installing Centova Cast Common Files ...

Installation successful

Checking shoutcast2 ...
Downloading shoutcast2 ...                                                   

Verifying archive integrity ...                                               
Unpacking archive ...

Installing shoutcast2 ...

Registering application in configuration files ...                           
Configuring application ...
Attempting to notify web control panel of software update ...
Successfully updated web control panel configuration                         
Updating permissions ...
Installation successful
[root@rv3 ~]#
Hello denial,

You may want to reboot your station(s). Also look at the current version number on the DNAS page. Maybe you are already using the latest version, but the message is just a news item, and isn't actually tied to whether or not you are actually running the latest build.
Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:37:10 pm by Roger
If you run the update for DNAS SHOUTcast v2.x, then "restart" or "stop and start" your streaming server, the message will go away on the SHOUTcast v2 admin page.
Stream and Web Hosting
https://www.getstreamhosting.com
Unless someone broke / intentionally changed it, the latest DNAS version won't show those update notice messages and most likely it just needed the DNAS process to actually be restarted for the expected version to be used.

I know some aren't happy with the nature of the messages not going away or the automatic downloading of the newer install files which was by design & doesn't actually involve any form or automatic update process - unless that's been changed with the newer 2.5.x builds.

So if you don't want to update to a newer DNAS either for stability (as 2.4.7 seems to be pretty good compared to 2.5.x) or just not wanting the chance of having adverts forced into their stream(s) (as happened not long back from a 'testing error'), it's possible to remove it via some simple css tweaking by using the DNAS's admincssfile option to load a modified copy of the default css response from the DNAS  8)

-dro
So if you don't want to update to a newer DNAS either for stability (as 2.4.7 seems to be pretty good compared to 2.5.x) or just not wanting the chance of having adverts forced into their stream(s) (as happened not long back from a 'testing error'), it's possible to remove it via some simple css tweaking by using the DNAS's admincssfile option to load a modified copy of the default css response from the DNAS  8)

-dro

Pretty cool and useful stuff  ;).