SHOUTcast v2 Question

Read 4689 times
How many ports does one v2 server need? I created a server say on port 8002. When i went to create another server on port 8004, I got a message saying it was already in use. Same for 8006, 8008 (I stopped there). I was finally able to create the server on port 8012. (no other 8000 series ports were on the server, except for the  first one created.

Because of the Chrome issue, I have customers that want to switch, but don't want their port number to change.

Thoughts?
A regular V2 setup takes 2 ports.  For example, 8000 & 8001. 

If you are also using Auto DJ, it takes 4 ports, for example, 8000, 8001, 8002 & 8003.
Thanks Dennis.. I figured that may be the case, but wanted to be sure. Thanks again.
The default of the v2 DNAS is to use 2 ports (portbase & portbase+1) to mirror the same behaviour that the v1 DNAS had. It's only with the Centova setup (or if you've set it up manually) that you generally have to assume a 4 port window if the auto-dj is used (due to acting a bit like a DNAS itself to accept DJ connections, hence the doubling).

So if trying to preserve existing port mapping when going from v1 to v2 then it should keep working unless you've now got auto-dj but didn't have that previously and you might then need to look at mapping from the old ports to new mappings via iptables, etc.

-dro
Thanks, Dr.0... appreciate the info.
That isn't completely true... answers vary based on the autodj method you use.  Example.. I know that liquidsoap uses 4 but from what I understand sc_trans2 uses 5 so depends on the autodj method you're using.
The default of the v2 DNAS is to use 2 ports (portbase & portbase+1) to mirror the same behaviour that the v1 DNAS had. It's only with the Centova setup (or if you've set it up manually) that you generally have to assume a 4 port window if the auto-dj is used (due to acting a bit like a DNAS itself to accept DJ connections, hence the doubling).

So if trying to preserve existing port mapping when going from v1 to v2 then it should keep working unless you've now got auto-dj but didn't have that previously and you might then need to look at mapping from the old ports to new mappings via iptables, etc.

-dro

I seem to remember the iptables code I used to map from the old to the new when I upgraded going as follows...

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport <old port> -j REDIRECT --to-port <new port>
iptables-save