Explain new improvements

Read 3085 times
Centova Cast v3.2.6.20160729

What means the points of improvements, where i can find less cryptic information?

Example:
- Simplify new scheduled playlist scheduling algorithm
- Default to old scheduled playlist scheduler unless new one is explicitly enabled
I was looking for answers on the same question.

Recently one of my customers who is using heavily scheduled playlists, complains that not everything is ok now (but it was some time ago)

He got over 100 jingles and 70% of them was never played.
He complains about that setting to play jingles randomly plays only sudden amount of jingles (30%) repeating the same quite often when other 70% is not played at all.

It is the same for normal scheduled playlist. There is 60 hours of music but only part of it is played repeatedly and some of the tracks were never or only very few times played.

I assume there was something changed and change log confirms that.
We should know about this kind of major changes. Things like that should be announced upfront, before actual release and properly tested !
There were no "major changes" to notify you of. In fact (as noted by the second item Radiator quoted above) the changes we made have to be enabled with a setting that we have not even provided to the public yet. Without that setting enabled, the original, unmodified playlist scheduler code is used. So there is no possibility whatsoever that you're seeing new playlist behavior as a result of this update.