Auto DJ Playing Whatever it wants

Read 4881 times
I am on a dedicated server and recently there was a total hard drive failure.  My host installed a new hard drive and reinstalled centovacast on my server.  They were able to save the music files but they said the database was shot

After it was reinstalled i was able to re create the accounts and they put the music files in each streaming account and everything seemed to work fine.  Problem is that on most stations some manual playlists were not working.  I am not new at creating playlists but i still checked all the obvious . I changed the interval to play every one song. The file in the test playlist still did not trigger.  i changed it to immediate and watched 5 or  6 songs play out.. Still nothing

Finally I created a new playlist called test. i put ONE song in there that i had already seen play recently so i knew it was not corrupt.  I disabled every playlist but that one so there is one play list with only one song in it.  hours later my station is still going strong and that one station is not playing.  i have no idea where the auto dj is selecting songs from other than just the general catalog which ive never seen.  usually it will just stop if there is an issue.  Has anyone ever seen this happen?
It's very likely that the database still has a problem (perhaps just a crashed table that needs repairing) and in this case Centova Cast uses a fail-safe playlist, which has been previously generated from the tracks available in your General Rotation playlists, at some point.
My host opened a ticket with Centova and they responded that I should go into settings and advance and activate the debug next song option.   Then when the issue happens again download the log.  The crazy thing is that after doing this it just started working.  I have multiple streams and they were all doing this.  The ONLY difference was me turning on this degug button but doesnt that just watch for bugs not fix them?  ive restarted the stream many times and its never worked before i did it this time.   Im reporting this to see if there is something im missing here.  Am i getting a false hope that the problem is resolved?  this has been going on for days.
My guess is your host also repaired the database at the same time... this happens often for us on older servers with huge databases, the larger the database the more common it is, and when they need to be repaired, playlists act strange as you described.
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Thanks for these replies.  They are pretending like they have no clue about this.  Im also on a dedicated server and i only have about 15 streams.  Not sure if that would be a huge database or not but im just glad its working. Thanks much