HTTPS broadcasting

Read 11325 times
Nowadays more and more web sites use the HTTPS protocol to serve web pages. If the page includes a HTTP stream, browser gives a warning about unsecure content, and that's not good.

Icecast offers broadcasting over the HTTPS protocol and we manually enable this feature for our customers, so, technically, this is possible, at least for Icecast (just a few lines in config).

Can this feature be incorporated into Centovacast? There are few settings needed:
* (required) Certificate path (this one can reside in admin's area and be global for the whole server)
* (optional) HTTPS port. Currently we use client's port number + 10000, so maybe no confifuration option is needed if it's calculated in a similar manner
* (optional) Enable SSL. This can be simply be considered "always on".
http://www.radioboss.fm - stream hosting
http://www.djsoft.net - radio automation software
I actually submitted a ticket/feature request for this too. I have both IceCast SSL and I've enabled Nginx-based SSL proxying for IceCast (on port 443) too, for users who are able to use standard ports (usually via a proxy), but have high ports blocked.

So, +1 from me too. :)
Please make sure to click the Vote button, if you support this feature. :)

Only posting a message will not correctly reflect the extra demand for it, in our developer's tracking system.
Voted! Note that HTTPS is also useful for any iOS9 developers who want to conform to Apple's new Application Transport Security guidelines without using an exception for the stream.
Icecast offers broadcasting over the HTTPS protocol and we manually enable this feature for our customers, so, technically, this is possible, at least for Icecast (just a few lines in config).

I enabled HTTPS via the Nginx proxy. I'm now trying to configure native SSL for Icecast, but I get the following error:

Code: [Select]
INFO connection/get_ssl_certificate No SSL capability
Did you replace the Icecast binary on your CentovaCast box to get this to work?
Centova loads perfectly fine over https.

Your right, as it would be nice to actually have our streams do the same!

VIVA LA ENCRYPTION!
Please make sure to click the Vote button, if you support this feature. :)

Only posting a message will not correctly reflect the extra demand for it, in our developer's tracking system.

This SHOULD NOT be a option to be voted on. THIS SHOULD BE A REQUIRED FEATURE AND FULLY SUPPORTED BY DEFAULT!!!!!!
It has been an entire year ... NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM

Sorry Centova .. I think its time for us to move on to another solution.
Any updates on this?  :D
Voted. I think that this feature is essential nowadays...
I have this too and it works well for me: Nginx-based SSL proxying for IceCast (on port 443).
Also edit the Icecast configuration so that it takes the correct IP of the listeners (in shoutcast it is not possible, although the proxy works perfectly).
And I developed special players in html5 to work with the proxy system, to which I added security to work only under my IP and / or web domain.
Use stunnel you can fully autimate the lets encrypte SSL cert update the pem file with a cron & a custom bash script too so no having to mess around updating pem every 3 month
RadioFLO.co.uk