CONSTANT Server Restarted Emails...

Read 20392 times
Anyone else ever have this problem?   Ive been getting them since Day 1 of my install...

I have about 20 personal streams on my account, and then some of clients. They are generating constant server restarted emails from the Centova program.

I get about 100 server restarted emails a day.  Not all at one... 7.. then a few hours 5 more... then some time passed 9 more..

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

My server has been up for 7 days straight now.. so I have no idea what could be causing this!

Any info/fixes would be appreciated!

Thanks

Todd
Actually, just recently, we have started getting this too.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
I have rebooted my main server... started and stopped all the streams in question... but it just keeeeeeeepppsssss generating those emails.

Glad Im not alone in this.. makes it seem like its a big that can be fixed!
Steve said this was fixed via 3.0.5

Are you 100% sure you have the most up to date version of centovacast?
Ahh maybe I havent installed the new version. I was installed 3 weeks ago... so unless something changed since then.

Can you reference this post please? I searched and only found a few things that were kind of off topic.

Is there a post for the install instructions on 3.0.5?
Not going to try and dig for the thread but here is the command to update centovacast.

/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update

It shouldn't interrupt your streams and if you are up to date it wont do anything.
I have the most recent update.. as we run the update script once a week..
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Unfortunately we have the same problems with some of our clients. And this after we passed on the new version of centova cast 3.x
On Centova Cast 2.x with the same customers and the same media files we had these problems.
It seems that this new system that use the new types of Icecast 2 shoucast 2 but with shoutcast v.1 too (that is a strange thing) have some bugs and even after I asked for help from  centova.com technicians this issue is not resolved.
Well I needed to do the update anyway... but I guess listening to the "knowledge" of a forum is never a good idea...

Had the new update installed by Centova staff... and the issue still exists.

I was told that the change was not mentioned under the changes list, but that the problem was not a bug but a result of my users kicking the autoDJ or uploading invalid mp3 files that causes ices-cc to crash.

Which is strange.. bec it had not been happening at all up until recently - and now it happens to almost every account.

Just testing the theory on a bad MP3...

1st issue - I have sctrans2, as well as ices-ss auto DJ accounts generating the restart emails, and stopping and starting.

Looked at a few of the specific accounts - some only have 2 or 3 hours of music in the Auto-DJ... but they may go 8 or 10 hours without generating a restart email - then all of a sudden a few restart emails within the next few hours.  If it were a bad MP3 - wouldnt it stop/start every time it hit that MP3?

Seems to me there has to be more to this...
I dont know about centova with miss-matched encoded mp3s but I know when I had whmsonic it would buffer and act really weird if they were not all encoded the same.

I always encode my mp3s via LAME ( I have a mac so I use - http://markvapps.com/mp3encoder/ )

even if thats not the cause of your prob, I suggest you do encode all your mp3s the same anyway,

Good luck
I have a support request in .. they will be checking my server to see what they find.

Ill post the results here. Maybe they willl be helpful to others as hell.
Friends, the problem reported is nothing more than a bug in the migration.
I noticed that in new accounts the problem does not happen.
Do not know how, but migration can not correctly compile the existing files on the server.
Do a test by creating a new account and sent the files via upload, do not use the transfer route server.
Advise delete all "MP3" files of all accounts and redo uploads, preferably at Centova panel, without using external FTP since. in this case the library update could take hours to complete. ;)
Hi Guys,

I have similar issue, new activated account, MP3 files uploads and are correct encoded in MP3, i get continue and constant Server restarted emails. This have to be a bug. This happening only after i upgrade to the last release few days ago, before didn't happen. Server reboot do not solve this issue and to amny documentation about how to debug this issue are not available.

Thanks and hoping this bug can be fixed, again i'm blocked on Centova2 and can not migrate to Centova3 because it's not 100% stable, from this reason i continue to test Centova3 till i consider stable and free of major bugs.

Hey Cyber,

I would have to disagree with your theory - bec if you read the thread you will see that I had NOT updated... I was using what they had installed for me, and then did the update as a proposed fix.  So its not the upgrade that caused it.. this has to be an ongoing bug!

But to everyone else.. who is having the problem let me share with you my experiences..

Support logged into my panel, and checked it out... they came back with this:

Hello Todd,

You have two accounts which were restarting on a regular basis (every 5 minutes) during Nov 17 and Nov 18, but they didn't seem to have any problems after that.
The accounts are: james_sherwood and ayslynn

The autoDJ logs from 'james_sherwood' show a huge number of lines like this one: 'Error during send: Mount failed on http://94.23.250.16:8034/stream, error: Couldn't connect'
and after a few tries they end in 'Too many stream errors, giving up Ices Exiting...'
These are entirely backing up our initial diagnose that the autoDJ had been kicked. The logs simply show that it is trying to connect but it fails (because there is another source broadcasting) and after that the autoDJ it's giving up, only to retry and fail again every 5 minutes, while also sending you restart e-mails about this.

The 17-18Nov logs from 'ayslynn' had already been rotated, so I couldn't check for that account but I am fairly confident the problem is exactly the same. It is far more plausible that the autoDJ was failing to connected every 5 minutes than that it was actually crashing every 5 minutes.

Regards,
Centova Technologies Inc.

To that reply I asked again, how I fix the problem....

And received this:

Hello Todd,

Unfortunately this is not something you can fix, because it is been caused by your clients.

You can find a detailed description of the problem at http://www.centova.com/faq/general/troubleshooting/kicking_the_autodj

Please feel free to contact us again if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Centova Technologies Inc.

Now, from my observations, I did have a few accounts that were restarting way more than others - but all of thew accounts were restarting..

BUT  - after the visited my panel - on 11/20/13 - I have only received 1 (yes, one in 4 days) server restart email. And not from either of the problem accounts.

How is that possible that it is 99% better after they visited the panel but didnt make any changes?

But Im not complaining.

Id recommend putting in a ticket - and see if thats a fix for all of you also.