Schedule Playlist Doesnt Work

Read 20933 times
It's incorrect because it's been working perfectly for me for over 5 years.

If you Stream Host tells you to find a new piece of software, why is your Stream Host still using it ??

Who is your Stream Host ?
Having read the faqs pointed to in this thread you are incorrect and it is actually centovacast at fault , the software is unable to bring in a track at a set time until the one before the previous one is finished , hence when dj sets are playing this can be up to 2 hours late. On top of that the function to skip a track often freezes and the sending of data to the player is also intermittent. Looking around most cheap solutions are using centovacast so it seems my host was correct and i will need to look for better software. 
Thats what they said find a better piece of software ! easy to send people round in circles and give no explanation , why is it incorrect ???

I believe that the point that  Dennis is trying to make, is that both Shoutcast and Centova Cast do work just fine for managing a radio station. And that if you experience any issues, and your current provider is unwilling to help, you should simply switch to a different provider.
Centovacast is the thing causing me the problem NOT the supplier. Scheduling does not work for long set tracks which in this day and age of radio stations with djs playing sets is somewhat short sighted. If you would like to answer the problem with a solution rather than washing your hands of it feel free otherwise there is no point in replying to go over what someone else has already said. If you believe the problem is with the supplier why your software does not work then provide a technical explanation for that which i can take to the supplier. thank you.
This happens sometimes,  if the playlist scheduler is acting crazy try to go into your DB, select all tables then click the repair button at the bottom.
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
This happens sometimes,  if the playlist scheduler is acting crazy try to go into your DB, select all tables then click the repair button at the bottom.

I believe that what clubtraxradio is referring to, is the fact that autoDJ won't interrupt the current track in order to launch a scheduled playlist. This has always been this way since Centova Cast started, and we have never claimed or advertised otherwise.

People who care about this, should up-vote the following feature request:

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=3624.msg11512#msg11512

As for the reasons why it works like this, it is both by design and also due to technical limitations of the underlying technologies. There is a very simple workaround for this tho, simply slice your long tracks into more manageable "radio version" chunks.
Thanks for the repy , i cannot see how the slicing into chunks would work though if i want a show to start at 9pm and advertise it so then even small chunks will put that out of place, without it working as it needs to it just cannot do the job i want of it so will have to consider other option if there are any.

cheers

Andrew
Thanks for the repy , i cannot see how the slicing into chunks would work though if i want a show to start at 9pm and advertise it so then even small chunks will put that out of place, without it working as it needs to it just cannot do the job i want of it so will have to consider other option if there are any.

cheers

Andrew

Apologies, I should have said that it's a way to mitigate the issue, obviously the start of your playlist is still going to be offset by as much as the duration of one of the chunks.

The only other way that comes to mind to have precise scheduling down to the minute, would be to stream your content as a live show from a remote source. You can do this from your own computer, or server-side using simple scripting, however you will need to have control of the server for the latter (or rent like a cheap VPS).
Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:21:59 pm by Roger
I have been doing that and putting out my own live sets and others from my own source , but need to have control as i will not be able to do this for all forthcoming sets as not always around at the set times when they need to go out. I have battled with the thought of precise programming but the sets that are sent to me are never precise enough so would mean a lot of work re-editing all the sets, it may be the only way though in the end.
What problems are you having with Centova Cast's playlist system? It might not be perfect, in terms of flexibility, but it sounds like you're experiencing some bigger problems than just not being able to create a very complex scheduling.

And who's your host? :) (don't answer that)