Chinese/Japanese character support

Read 3642 times
I'd love to see more east Asian character support in Centova. I'm broadcasting in Japanese and while I usually romanize the artist/titles, there are still some special decorative characters sometimes which I can't get Centova to display with the available encoding sets. (if is IS possible to display Japanese characters right now, someone let me know how! The only Asian encoding in the list is Vietnamese, which doesn't work)

Asian characters are fully supported by Centova Cast -- just ensure that your MP3s are encoded with Unicode (UTF-8) metadata and you'll be all set.  The "Character set" field in Centova Cast is ignored when using Unicode-encoded metadata... that's only used for single-byte text whose charset can't easily be identified.

Also note that ShoutCast DNAS v1.x mangles multibyte characters so while this will make everything show up properly in the media library, it'll show up garbled everywhere else unless you're using IceCast.  That has nothing to do with Centova Cast though. :)