Sub folders problem

Read 16972 times
Hi there.

I have recently installed Centova Cast v3 for my radio's Auto DJ.

I had v2 before and when I wanted to drag songs from sub folders into a playlist, it would no problem.
After installing and having a play around with v3, I found out I can no longer do that but I must copy all songs which aren't in folders to the main folder of the directory and this seems to be the only way of adding songs to a playlist. Does anyone know why I can't drag my songs into a playlist from sub folders any more? It's really time consuming doing it the way of taking all songs out folders and putting songs and different audio pieces in the one folder, it's also really messy because before I had like 7 different folders and 7 different playlists and just dragged what I wanted from what folder into whatever playlist now I need to add it all to the one folder.

Any idea?
Same problem here... Our clients can't add songs to playlists because they have in subfolders from 2.2.7...
Do you think they'll be a update to fix this? It's really annoying and I don't want to copy all the songs from different folders into the one folder cause it's messy and not practical and if I do that and waste my time when they might update it.
My first song uploaded to the folder right away and did infact play on AutoDJ... only Shoutcast v.1 for Centova 3 not Shoutcast v.2 for Centova 3 I had to use FileZilla To load them onto the server it self... I had to do this before to Centova 2.0 and then I could drag them over to all rotation Albums.

https://billing.hostingmembercenter.com/knowledgebase/24/What-is-Centova-Cast-Auto-DJ-and-How-Do-I-Set-it-Up.html

I had v2 before and when I wanted to drag songs from sub folders into a playlist, it would no problem.
After installing and having a play around with v3, I found out I can no longer do that but I must copy all songs which aren't in folders to the main folder of the directory
That is definitely not the intended behavior.  Unfortunately I can't reproduce it here -- I tried uploading an MP3 into a subdirectory as "foo/bar/baz/test.mp3", launched the media library, clicked Options->Browse by folders, and was able to drag test.mp3 into a playlist with no problems.

Could you please confirm that:
1) The steps above match what you're doing, and
2) You've tried upgrading to the latest build and trying again.  (We've been pushing out fix builds almost daily this week.)

If it still happens with the latest version, please let me know what web browser you're using as it could be browser-specific.

Hi Steve.

I've tried creating a test folder at '/usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/ACCOUNTNAME/var/spool/media/' and tried moving a track to that folder but the folder and it's content still aren't appearing when I click browse by folders. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm on version 3.0.1 and using Google Chrome but have tried all other browsers.
How are you moving the MP3, exactly?
How are you moving the MP3, exactly?

I am moving it via SSH but I have tired FTP as well.
I am moving it via SSH
There is the problem right there.  "Browse by folders" is not the same thing as the File Manager.  The "Browse by folders" feature just browses your imported media according to its folder structure.  It doesn't consult the filesystem at all; it only consults the Centova Cast media library database.

If you move a file via SSH, Centova Cast obviously has no way to know about that until you update the media library, so you will not see those changes via the "Browse by folders" view.  You will, however, see them in the file manager, as that is (per its name) an actual file manager that reflects the files on disk.

but I have tired FTP as well.
When you move or upload a file via FTP, the media library is not updated until you log out from the FTP server.  And it takes up to 60 seconds after you log out for the media library update to begin.  (Unfortunately this is a limitation of the mechanism used to integrate with the FTP server.)  Most likely that's why you're not seeing the update via FTP either.
I'll give this a try tonight hopefully and report back.

I've encountered another problem which is songs won't play out on the Auto DJ at all. I've not had a play around with it yet so I'll let you know if I can get this working on my own and get back to you.

I also have a request. Can we set times/dates or whatever on the requesting songs to the Auto DJ feature? I have a lot of pre-recording presenters and I don't want listeners to wait 2+ hours to get a request on when the Auto DJ isn't airing any of the presenters shows but I also don't want the presenters show to cut out after 20 minutes so it can play a listeners request.

Any ideas for the next build on this?

Thanks.
Hi Steve.

I managed to get the sub folders problem resolved, many thanks for that.

The radio server now seems to go offline every now and again and I'm not sure what's causing it, it may be a shoutcast v2 bug and not Centova Cast. Let me know if you know anything about this.

Also hoping you can reply to my previous post.

Thanks.
I've encountered another problem which is songs won't play out on the Auto DJ at all. I've not had a play around with it yet so I'll let you know if I can get this working on my own and get back to you.
How does this manifest, exactly?

I also have a request. Can we set times/dates or whatever on the requesting songs to the Auto DJ feature? I have a lot of pre-recording presenters and I don't want listeners to wait 2+ hours to get a request on when the Auto DJ isn't airing any of the presenters shows but I also don't want the presenters show to cut out after 20 minutes so it can play a listeners request.
This isn't currently supported, but might be an interesting feature for future consideration -- you're welcome to submit it to the Feature Requests forum.

That said, requests are governed by Centova Cast's standard playlist priority system, so as long as your presenter's show isn't in a General Rotation playlist, it will never be interrupted by a song request.

Excellent, glad to hear it!

The radio server now seems to go offline every now and again and I'm not sure what's causing it, it may be a shoutcast v2 bug and not Centova Cast. Let me know if you know anything about this.
I'm not aware of any reason DNAS2 itself would go offline; we haven't seen any substantiated reports of instability in DNAS2 itself.  sc_trans2 is another story altogether, however -- if it's just your autoDJ that's going offline and you're using sc_trans2, that'll be sc_trans2 crashing.

If the problem persists please feel free to open a helpdesk ticket; one of the guys will take you through the standard troubleshooting steps and if it's not something common, they'll escalate to me to take a peek at your server myself (if you're interested in having me do so).
How does this manifest, exactly?

This isn't currently supported, but might be an interesting feature for future consideration -- you're welcome to submit it to the Feature Requests forum.

That said, requests are governed by Centova Cast's standard playlist priority system, so as long as your presenter's show isn't in a General Rotation playlist, it will never be interrupted by a song request.

Excellent, glad to hear it!

I'm not aware of any reason DNAS2 itself would go offline; we haven't seen any substantiated reports of instability in DNAS2 itself.  sc_trans2 is another story altogether, however -- if it's just your autoDJ that's going offline and you're using sc_trans2, that'll be sc_trans2 crashing.

If the problem persists please feel free to open a helpdesk ticket; one of the guys will take you through the standard troubleshooting steps and if it's not something common, they'll escalate to me to take a peek at your server myself (if you're interested in having me do so).

Hi Steve.

All issues that were encountered are now resolved, thanks.

I can't wrap my head around this though...

Here's a screen snap of what I can see: http://d.pr/i/lj9V
Then when I search for the artist 'Lady Gaga' it'll come up wit this: http://d.pr/i/squP

My question is.. why does it say 01 - The Edge of Glory? Because on my player it doesn't look appealing as it says Now playing: 01 The Edge of Glory by Unknown

I'm 99.9% sure I didn't have this problem with the last version.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Also what would be the cause of this?

I've uploaded songs to the FTP and tried updating the media library.. it worked the first time when I uploaded one song then I uploaded a further three and I got this:

http://d.pr/i/1aWJ
Hi Steve

I cant seem to change the stream name or the stream url for my auto dj, I've tried editing through the centovacast panel and manually in the source.conf file.