Tunein.com api support

Read 108278 times
Look below the thread bits of every thread Feature Requests...
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:56:31 am by Dr Bunsen
found, thanks ;)
Sorry for the silence on my part, I've been focusing on the coding. :)  This feature requires a bit of development work on our end -- basically, we have to implement a system for polling streams very frequently in a way that doesn't hammer the streams and degrade server performance, while still being able to quickly notice track changes so we can promptly update the track info.  This underlying system can be used for a great deal of other things, however, so I began implementing it a short while ago.

Up until the (potential) discontinuation of SHOUTcast DNAS became a possibility, this was actually my main development project, but it's been sidelined for the time being as we're fast-tracking a few features deemed essential in the event that the SHOUTcast toolset is indeed abandoned.

So in a nutshell -- support for tunein.com (and potentially any other directories) is already in development and will definitely appear in a future release.  We just don't know quite when it'll be completed just yet. :)
So in a nutshell -- support for tunein.com (and potentially any other directories) is already in development and will definitely appear in a future release.  We just don't know quite when it'll be completed just yet. :)

Now that's something we wanted to read, thanks Steve!! ;)

Now that's something we wanted to read, thanks Steve!! ;)

+1 :)
I notice Tunein have update homepage and app. They implement more features and built this service as social platform like Facebook. I have 53 k followers with Tunein and i think it would time to support from Centova too. Any news?
It's great to see version 3.10 out at last but where is support for tunein's API? Pretty please guys give this some thought... :)
Sorry for the silence on my part, I've been focusing on the coding. :)  This feature requires a bit of development work on our end -- basically, we have to implement a system for polling streams very frequently in a way that doesn't hammer the streams and degrade server performance, while still being able to quickly notice track changes so we can promptly update the track info.  This underlying system can be used for a great deal of other things, however, so I began implementing it a short while ago.

Up until the (potential) discontinuation of SHOUTcast DNAS became a possibility, this was actually my main development project, but it's been sidelined for the time being as we're fast-tracking a few features deemed essential in the event that the SHOUTcast toolset is indeed abandoned.

Any word on this long awaited feature? Thanks.
This would be great. Keeping it fresh  8) +1
Just saying how this feature seems to matter to a lot of people with twice as many views and votes as any other request :)
good thing in all but how do i set this up if my hosting does not have a cron job section?
Updates?
It has been more than two years since this issue was reported and we haven't heard any news from any of the Centova team. This is unacceptable under any circumstances. Please provide a prompt response on this issue whether Centova is working or not on this matter. TuneIn is so popular nowadays and is a shame we cannot use all its potential due to technical restrictions on Centova side. You guys are forcing us to find another service provider different than you.
Waiting anxiously to see any updates from you in the near future (not months later)!!!

It has been more than two years since this issue was reported and we haven't heard any news from any of the Centova team. This is unacceptable under any circumstances. Please provide a prompt response on this issue whether Centova is working or not on this matter. TuneIn is so popular nowadays and is a shame we cannot use all its potential due to technical restrictions on Centova side. You guys are forcing us to find another service provider different than you.
Waiting anxiously to see any updates from you in the near future (not months later)!!!

I don't think they made any promises to add TuneIn API support, just because a few clients ask for a feature does not automatically make them responsible for developing it
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
No promises were made but I refer you to comments by Steve dating back almost 2 years and I would question whether 29 votes represents just a few clients. Clearly this is the single most publicly saught after feature on the forum / bug tracker...

November 25, 2013, 01:22:47 am »

Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:57:43 pm by Dr Bunsen