customize Tune-in Links

Read 7079 times
Hi,

I am new to Centova Cast and to this forum. I use cc 2.2.7 and my first post/question is why the address typed in Hostname field does not modify the url of the “stream start page” as well as all Tune-in Links?

Regards, 
Any help to my question above ? Probably the centova cast people? I thoroughly search the forum under (customize tune in links) and did not find a related topic.
Ok, the ways to have Custom hostnames instead of IP addresses in self-referencing links are referred here: https://secure.centova.com/pages/faqs/display/custom_hostnames_instead_of_ip_85

my streaming provider tells me:
"In regards to the custom hostname issue, I can confirm we have made the necessary changes to our servers however it did not fix the issue. I am still waiting on Centova Cast at this time, I can only apologise but there is little we can do as we do not modify the software we run."

so , is somebody here to help please?
my first post/question is why the address typed in Hostname field does not modify the url of the “stream start page” as well as all Tune-in Links?
1) Because that's not the purpose of the Hostname field.  Read the manual for more information, but in a nutshell, the "Hostname" setting is used internally by SHOUTcast DNAS and has no direct impact on Centova Cast itself.

2) Because that's not how DNS and hostname-based virtual web hosting work.  Any custom hostnames would need to be configured in your hosting provider's Apache configuration, which is of course not possible for Centova Cast to do.