broadcasters restart all the time and I get several emails saying restarted.

Read 37206 times
Wow Steve thats a lot to take in there...lol

1) I did realize its a 3 month old thread. I posted on this thread as I saw someone having issues with the emails and the stream restarting. I wasn't sure if it was specific to one autodj setting or to centovacast in general.

2) DrO is a grate help so its definitely a downer if hes chosen not to help here anymore. Unfortunately dealing with people on a forum can be quite annoying. On both sides at times.

3) If you noticed the "lol" after my comment about your response you would of hopefully noticed it was meant more jokingly. I understand how forums work.

4) I am dealing with icescc in this mater and not the DNAS2

5) Being sarcastic about the topic of the thread vrs the issue I was dealing with gave me a good laugh this am. I'm sure your used to dealing with a lot of a-holes on this forum I however am a very sarcastic down to earth person so I take no offense and enjoy the humor. Although if I had to deal with the same people you do everyday I might not feel the same about that.

6) as for the "Sure would be odd." comment am I missing something? The system sends out email and I don't seem to see an option to disable or enable specific emails.

And lastly I don't think at this time I'll need to open a ticket now, after running an update as we talked about in another post to fix another issue this issue hasn't repeated itself.
Friends, I do not want to participate in this discussion who said this or that, but in my opinion, who should collect the solution at Nullsoft, should be Centova Tecnology and not us, simple users.
Steve, would be of great help if you would focus their efforts in collecting a solution to the problem of Nullsoft and let us know what they say.
The Nullsoft should be working for a solution, I believe it, but we need to know: When will there be an update to fix this? If not, we'll be here waiting ... waiting ... and frustrated, wondering if there really a solution in the short or long term.
For, as is, ccV3, offers no novelty (against ccV2) because the main innovations depend on the proper functioning of  Sc_trans_2.
Food for thought: Imagine you buy a car from an automaker that uses the engine from another manufacturer and assembler of whom you bought the car, do not take responsibility of an engine problem.
Steve, would be of great help if you would focus their efforts in collecting a solution to the problem of Nullsoft and let us know what they say.
I/we have absolutely no pull with AOL's management, and DrO is already aware of this issue.  He is only able to invest time in it as his management permits, and has indicated that they're not interested in investing much time into it at the moment.  I truly hope he gets time to work on it in the near future.

Food for thought: Imagine you buy a car from an automaker that uses the engine from another manufacturer and assembler of whom you bought the car, do not take responsibility of an engine problem.
The big difference there is that when you buy a car, you're paying the automaker for the engine.  The engine isn't a free add-on, and you can't replace the engine with other alternatives as you see fit.

When you buy a Centova Cast license, you're paying for a Centova Cast license.  You're not paying us for DNAS2 or sctrans2.  And unlike an automobile engine, you are not required to use DNAS2 or sctrans2 -- you also have the option of using DNAS1, IceCast, etc.

So really, a better analogy would be: Imagine you buy a car from an automaker.  And the street you live on has potholes in it.  Your car can drive on other streets, but you want to drive on yours.  Do you contact the automaker and ask them to deal with the potholes?  Or do you contact the city?  Or do you just drive on a different road with no potholes?

Further food for thought: Nobody pays taxes in your city/country, so nobody is being paid to upkeep the roads.  The city is willing to fix the roads voluntarily, but because nobody's paying for it, they can't offer a time frame.  Is that the automaker's fault? ;)
Steve,

The comparising with the car is in my opinion not very relevant  ;)

You state, we pay for a Centovacast license, which is offcourse true. But i think the most of the users select Centovacast because of the functions it contains, for example the DJ logins etc. These functions ONLY work with Shoutcast V2 and not with V1. So basicly we all pay for half a product if we need to use V1 or Icecast. So why we need upgrading then you would think :)

We do not select a car based on an engine (although some do), but more on brand and stability. If an engine cannot work with 5 gears, and the car provides it, you can't say: then only  use 4 gears, then it runs fine.  I sure understand what you mean, but i believe it does not add up :)

We also suffer problems with crashing streams with SC_TRANS and indeed it is costing customers.
But they select the streams based on the functions. Without these functions, CC is basicly just an update on the layout (and the engine). All other functions do not work (properly)  :( And that is sadly.

Offcourse i know, it is not your product, but some more information/actions from NullSoft would be great. Maybe we can do this collective ?

To be clear: we have an outstanding support ticket about this issue, so we can try to find out the cause of this problem. And i'm more then willing to help you guys finding the issue, as i cannot find it myself.