CentovaCast v3 - Stable/RC ?

Read 7174 times
Hi,

When do you think v3 stable version will be released, or at least RC? Before the end of this year or next spring/summer next year. Because if it's going to be late next year (spring/summer) I might as well wait as I'd prefer to use v3 due to it using DNAS v2 allowing the station to be listed on shoutcast directory/mobile apps where as DNAS v1 doesn't...

PS I posted here because in support ticket I put

#####
Hi,

I installed centovacast. Install was easy/fast.

I got autodj/introduction file working. But I can't connect to shoutcast server to start broadcasting even though I'm using the correct details.

When I try to broadcast I get error message "Cipher response received " and winamp/dsp crashes on pc (using xp) so I try "Use SHOUTcast v1 mode (for legacy servers)" but it doesn't connect, just keep getting reconnecting even though djlogin is correct e.g username:password

Btw if Centovacast v3 is using shoutcast v2 , why should I even have to use legacy mode? It doesn't make sense...

Please tell me what is wrong?

Product name:
Centova Cast

Product version:
v3.0.0b2
######

but was told to post on the forums.

Bring on CentovaCast v3 !!! :)
If you're using Shoutcast v2 in your Centova Cast installation, then you shouldn't check the Legacy option in your DSP Plugin. I think the "Cipher response received" error can be triggered if you use an incorrect User ID in your Shoutcast's DSP Plugin   "Output" tab, so try leaving that as it was default (default= username) or simply making it blank.
I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Chris.
Bring on CentovaCast v3 !!! :)
For future references:

This was fixed by upgrading to the latest Shoutcast DSP Plugin: version 2.3.0
well it's good to know that 'Fixed unusually large cipherkeys causing a crash when attempting to connect to the server' is working okwith the new Source DSP release (as i think it was only being triggered by CCv3 setups that i'd come across).

-daz