Edit MP3 Tags from within the Media Library

Read 16515 times
A nice feature that would be useful to our clients would be the ability to edit the MP3 tags of tracks already uploaded to the server. If this could be done from the media library it would a neat feature. We get requests for this feature often. As its stands the only way to change the tags is to download the track change it then upload it again.
I'd be willing to consider adding it if it would genuinely be of use to some folks, but I'm curious as to what this feature might be used for?

The current media library does already let you right-click on a track, artist, or album and change its name in the Centova Cast database.  That same information is published to your listeners from the autoDJ.

None of the other ID3 tag metadata is ever seen by listeners but it would be reasonably easy to add that to the editor too... what I'm hung up on is that I'm not sure what purpose it'd serve to write that back into the MP3?
Thanks Steve. We wasn't aware of this feature. Thanks for explaining.

http://servers.internet-radio.org.uk
This might be a feature request with some value now that we're using Centova 3 with Shoutcastv2.

I have a client that is using Shoutcastv2 and tuning in to the stream with WinAMP. When he changes the name of the file via the media manager or file manager in Centova 3, the song title that shows up in WinAMP is not altered. It isn't until we change the ID3 tag of the file that WinAMP reflects the changes.

Thus it appears that Shoutcastv2 is broadcasting ID3 tag data to the listening client. This means that having an ID3 tag editor built in to Centova would now be a useful feature!

Thanks for considering.
I woukd find this very useful. Being able to manage cover art would also be helpful.
I would like to see an id3 editor in the media library for Centovacast 3.

As we run and archive actual hourly radio shows, some archived some not, uploaded by many different people, the ability to change typos, lazy uploaders etc is invaluable.
This feature might be a solution to have cover art managed from here and not in the degraded state that it is right now, no matter what you do to it never gets better, but on the contrary it becomes worse, blurry and degraded. To a certain extent the album art is as important as the song file in order to create a total experience.
The current media library does already let you right-click on a track, artist, or album and change its name in the Centova Cast database.  That same information is published to your listeners from the autoDJ.

This method not work on liquidsoap autodj. Somesong will identified as unknown.
will be better media library with ID3 Editor :)
+1 useful